Congratulations on your engagement!

Marriage is a sacred and life-­‐giving relationship, and we share your joy and celebration at this decision.  Holy Trinity has over a century of experience with hundreds of weddings, each one unique and special.  We pray that God will bless you both richly throughout this process and through your married lives together.

Where do I begin if I wish to be married at Holy Trinity Anglican Church?

Those seeking to be married at Holy Trinity must begin by contacting the Church Office (  At that time you can check the availability of the date that you wish to be married and also receive a copy of the information sheet you’ll need to fill out.   You then need to plan an initial visit with the Rector (which can take place after a Sunday worship) after which you will schedule to meet with the Rector as a couple for approximately 3 to 4 sessions for marriage preparation and a review of the theology of marriage and the liturgy.  A mandatory wedding rehearsal for bride, groom and all participants (maid of honor, best man, readers, etc.) is scheduled for the afternoon prior to the wedding.  Your wedding date is tentative (“penciled in”) until confirmed by the Rector.

How long ahead should I plan my wedding?

You must give the Rector a minimum of sixty (60) days notice prior to the date you wish to be married.

Can I have my friend play music at my wedding?

The Church Music Director, Dr. John Brough is scheduled to play at all weddings.  Additional musician and soloists may be included with consultation and approval of Dr. Brough and the Rector.

Can I be married in the Anglican Church if I’m not Anglican or if I’ve been divorced?

Yes.  You do not have to be Anglican to be married in the Anglican Church of Canada.  It is a requirement that at least one of the two people be a baptized Christian.  If you have been divorced previously you are still able to marry in the Anglican Church of Canada.  You may need to provide some additional information and the final decree of your divorce must be at least one year prior to the date of your re-marriage.