- Pub Theology is back this year with another series of interesting topics for discussion. All are welcome to join in the conversation on the third Wednesday of each month at The Black Dog Freehouse (downstairs in the Underdog) at 104 St. and 82 Ave. 7:00 to 9:00PM.
Mar. 20: Talking about politics AND religion, Apr. 17: Who even has time to think about God?!
- Thursday AM Study Group: The Thursday AM study group is currently studying the book “The Sign & The Sacrifice” by Rowan Williams. The study will continue each Thursday from 10:30 to 11:30AM until March 7th. Group members are asked to procure their own book. Copies are available from Amazon or Chapters. During Lent: We will be using the “It’s time to…Stop, Pray, Work, Play, and Love” Lenten materials from The Society of St. John the Evangelist. Over this five week study, we invite you to join us in reflecting on our use of time, focusing especially on how we might take time to stop, pray, work, play and love. Together we will ponder our use of time, asking God to help us weave together the various threads of our lives into a beautiful tapestry in which each part of our life informs and complements the others, and enlivens the whole. If you are unable to attend on Thursday’s, you can receive the study materials via email from the SSJE at www.ssje.org/time/.
- Young Adults: Join us every second Monday at 7PM for a group discussion and study. Currently we are looking at the Parables of Jesus. Text or email Clark for location details email@example.com or 587-335-7428.
- Speaker Series: Please join us for an exciting and enlightening lecture-discussion series on monthly Saturday mornings at Holy Trinity. 30 minute lecture followed by 30 minutes of discussion. Refreshments provided. 11am to 12pm in the Upper Hall. Mar. 9: Celtic Prayer for Busy People (Jane Samson), Apr. 13: How to Get to Heaven or How the Heavens Go: Science and Religion in the Age of Galileo (Lesley Cormack)
- After Dark: Sex Salon: Join us for this adult-only, three part speaker series as we explore the relationship between sexuality, faith and our understanding of God. Each evening will run 1 hour – a 30 minute talk followed by 30 minutes of dialogue, featuring speakers from ministerial, feminist and LGBTQ+ backgrounds. Enjoy a libation, open your mind, and get ready to talk about sec at church.
Date TBD: Sexual Ethics: Consent, Care, and Concern
- Book Study: Join us for a book study and discussion of Brian McLaren and Tony Campolo, Adventures in Missing the Point! We’ll meet every 2 weeks on Saturdays at 10:00AM starting February 9th. For more information, contact David Arndt firstname.lastname@example.org, 780-996-5814). The order for books has already been placed, but you are still welcome to order your own book and join the study. An ebook version is also available to borrow from the EPL.
- Lenten Bible Study with Rev. Danielle beginning on Tuesday, March 12th at 11AM and running every Tuesday until April 16th. Come join us as we jump into the scriptures and explore the links between the sign and the sacrifice of our Lord, Jesus Christ!